Studio Bee Community Youth Center sponsors a variety of programs and events for our youth and our community. The following is just a sample of our organization’s activities throughout the years.
- BEE Healthy, BEE Green Camp for youth ages 8 to 12 years old and Jr. BEE Healthy, BEE Green Camp for youth ages 4 to 7 years old; held in June and July for 100 children. Camp days include literacy, fitness, and recycling components built around fun summer activities.
- We served over 6000 lunches and breakfasts during the summer at the Bee through Warrick County School Corporation’s Summer Feeding Program; free for ages up to 18. Adults meals are kept inexpensive.
- Fun Fridays with singer/songwriter/educational consultant and the Bee’s executive director, Randy Beard, culminated the end-of-the-week with campers, children, and adults singing, creating, and learning together.
- Back-to-School Clothing Drive for at-risk students. Over 300 children were provided clothing, immunizations, and free haircuts.
- Tutoring for elementary students as an additional resource for students’ classroom work.
- Tuesday Night Dinners run throughout the school year for youth beginning age 5 to 18. Volunteers gather to prepare and serve a hot meal followed by games, activities, guest speakers, and crafts. We average 40 children on Tuesdays, which does not include our teen senior leaders and adult volunteers.
- YMCA Diamonds group for girls meet each week.
- BEE FUNdamentals Basketball Camp – Grades 4 and 5
- Many more programs and events have been provided.